Registration for this event is now closed.
Smartphones, Sexting, Social Media: Practical Strategies for Parents
Join us for a practical discussion about what you should know when it comes to kids and digital technology, and what you can do to promote safe, responsible, creative and productive use of these wonderful tools.
- Learn what it means to raise a “digital citizen”
- Understand how technology use has changed the way kids socialize, do schoolwork and sleep
- Set up effective household rules to complement what they are learning in school
- Create and enforce reasonable limits on use of digital devices
- Keep your kids talking to you about what’s on their mind and what’s happening at school
- Build positive online “footprints” for future school and job applications
- How to (mostly) stop worrying by being prepared.
“Dr. Sklar tackles issues that parents struggle with in a way that leaves parents feeling empowered with knowledge, and armed to apply responsible parenting practices for the 21st century. Her upbeat presentation style is both dynamic and interactive. We’ve had Dr. Sklar speak to parents and staff on more than one occasion, and she always receives rave reviews!”
-Jennifer Fraenkel, Head of The Akiva School”
The session takes place:
February 13th, 2017
19:30 - 21:30