The 2019-2020 academic year was turned on its head...who would have ever imagined what the pandemic did to our education system...to our world? And the story has not reached its conclusion.
If there was one thing we learned, it was that we need to be more sensitive to what is happening around the world and that our students at all levels need to develop a world view. LCEEQ had decided prior to the Covid-19 shutdown to focus on the theme, “Global Commitment Through Local Action” given that many of our members were moving in that direction. There have been so many projects initiated that need to be shared and celebrated. The LCEEQ Annual Conference is the ideal setting for such.
It is now clear that the LCEEQ Annual Conference will be a virtual Conference for the very first time. Although it is a challenge to organize an online event when we have been so successful with the in-person Conferences over the last eleven years, this is an opportunity to share with the wider community the many successful local projects that have emerged especially in response to the ongoing pandemic.
The Conference has identified four strands:
- Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Ensure inclusive and quality education for all and promote lifelong learning.
- Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
- Promote just, peaceful, and inclusive societies.
These can be linked to so many issues that are facing us each and every day and that our schools, centers, and institutions are addressing:
- The Impact of COVID-19
- Actions related to Black Lives Matter
- Meeting the basic needs of marginalized members of our community
- Providing all students with safe and successful learning environments
- Supporting those with mental health issues
- Supporting peace-based projects
- Well-being of all concerned: students, teachers, school leaders
- Need for equity and opportunity
- Re-visioning our education model
LCEEQ invites you to submit a proposal for a ninety-minute presentation (may be adjusted given the virtual format). Please complete the application form so that your proposal can be reviewed by the Selection Committee. Note that if your presentation is included on the programme you will be required to make your presentation virtually.
When describing your presentation please provide sufficient detail and remember that your session description will be used as you word it in the programme documentation provided to participants.
Please note that commercial applications will not be entertained. If you are part of a School Board/Association, it is important that you ensure that you have support for release time and any expenses related to your participation if your submission is selected. For more information about the keynote and featured speakers, click/touch here.
Deadline for submissions: October 21, 2020