LCEEQ Presents a Wellness Webinar for Educators and their Families
Educators' Mental Health: Breaking the Stigma & Finding Solutions
If there is one thing we have learned over the past several years is that self-care is of paramount importance, and it’s okay to learn and talk about our own mental health, as well as that of others.
To address this issue, LCEEQ presents this wellness webinar. You will learn empirically validated strategies to not only immediately improve your mental health, but to also prevent mental health problems in the future. These strategies are exactly what Dr. Marsh teaches her private clients and will be taught in a quick and easy-to-apply manner. This transformative and positive presentation provides actionable tools to effect a positive change.
Wednesday May 31, 2023 at 7:00 PM (online)
Who should attend?
Teachers from pre-school, elementary, secondary, Cégep, Adult, Vocational and University sectors, as well as, administrators, senior managers, professionals, Day Care and support staff should attend. In other words, everyone in the education sector. You are encouraged to participate in this webinar with family members and close friends so that together you can learn ways to deal with the daily stresses in both the workplace and home.
What will you learn?
- practical, effective, and empirically validated strategies to improve your mental health and that of others
- surprisingly common and not so common symptoms of mental health problems and speciﬁcally what do about them
- the relationships between thoughts, feelings and behaviors and how creating change in one of these domains consequently causes long-lasting change in the other domains
- how to tolerate, cope, and change your negative emotions transforming them into areas of strength and resilience
- practical ways to improve students’ mental health resulting in a less stressful classroom environment and a less stressed teacher
- tips and tricks to improve mental health starting TODAY
- how and when to seek professional treatment
- The one-hour webinar will be followed by a Q+A
- Registered participants will receive a handout and have access to a recording for a limited time to review strategies learned during the presentation.
Why Dr. Gretchen Moran Marsh?
In her twenty-five plus years as a clinical psychologist, she has seen far too many people struggle mentally because they lack basic knowledge of mental health. She is able to share scientiﬁcally proven strategies to immediately improve functioning and restore a positive mindset. Her career has been spent specializing in cultivating mental health, building healthy professional and personal relationships, and teaching strategies to decrease stress and anxiety. She received her undergraduate degree in Psychology from the University of Michigan, and her Masters degree and a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Wayne State University.
This webinar is sponsored by The Leadership Committee for English Education in Quebec (LCEEQ). There is no registration fee.
Please register here.
Note: an LCEEQ account is required to register, but signing up is simple and you can even use SSO (Google or Microsoft).